Thursday, December 5, 2013

A room of wonder | Tokyo. Artist : Ryo Fujii












藤井龍ヴィジュアルアーティスト、彫刻家
Ryo Fujii (Visual artist, Sculptor)

すべてあいつのせい
   All Your Fault

[作品についてDescription]
In childhood, I vaguely thought that no one had consciousness except me. Although it does not mean that I felt superior then, I remember that my friends looked like robots because I could totally expect how they would react and say. Nowadays I don't doubt it any longer, but I still have a habit of taking too much objective view of anything as I did at that time. Sometimes I realize that I am talking about myself but sounds like talking about someone else, for instance. “All Your Fault” is a kind of performance which has a simple structure and I think when you get an objective view of the unreasonable situation and system, you can find the charm of this work.
Ryo Fujii

[ステートメントArtist Statement]
My work is based on observation of my daily things. In order to consider things in alternative aspects and write a new world over daily life, I express ideas by various media such as video, photograph, installation, and performance.

[略歴Biography]
Born in Okayama, Japan. Currently enrolled in Tokyo University of the Arts, Inter Media Arts as a research student. Graduated from the university, M.F.A., Sculpture in 2013. Royal Academy Schools(London)(Exchange student program) in 2011.
Exhibitions:
solo show (Gallery&Zakka Gigi, Kanagawa) in Jan 2014, “KOSHIKI ART PROJECT” (Kagoshima) in 2013, etc.
Residence:
The Shigaraki Ceramic Cultural Park (Shiga) in 2013.
BankART Studio NYK Artist in Residence (Yokohama) in 2013.

© Tokyo Wonder Site | Photos : Masahiro Nagata
Tokyo Experimental Festival, November 15, 16, 17th, 2013. TWS Shibuya.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Rio de Janeiro. I am a performing artist and art maker coming from dance. I love to dialogue with the historical, material and affective context we are immersed in any given situation. As art form, my work goes from multimedia stage conceptual work to convivial and open-air pieces. It strikes me the awareness and fictions arising from the sublime of daily situations, its materiality, the reference points that we cling to and build up our relation to reality and how meaning grows from this. contacts: gustavociriaco@gmail.com | marine@elclimamola.com

Blog Archive